piątek, 3 lipca 2015

Lesson #5 (Vocabulary: personality + frequency adverbs - słownictwo: cechy charakteru + przysłówki częstotliwości)

Step 1
Listen to a song and complete the gaps with these adjectives (posłuchaj piosenki i uzupełnij przymiotnikami):

 wise,  kind,  young,  happy,  friendly





Alanis Morisette  'Hand in my pocket'

I'm broke but I'm 1. _____
I'm poor but I'm 2. _____
I'm short but I'm healthy, yeah
I'm high but I'm grounded
I'm sane but I'm overwhelmed
I'm lost but I'm hopeful baby

What it all comes down to
Is that everything's gonna be fine fine fine
I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is giving a high five

I feel drunk but I'm sober
I'm 3. _____ and I'm underpaid
I'm tired but I'm working, yeah
I care but I'm restless
I'm here but I'm really gone
I'm wrong and I'm sorry baby

What it all comes down to
Is that everything's gonna be quite alright
I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is flicking a cigarette
What it all comes down to
Is that I haven't got it all figured out just yet
I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is giving the peace sign

I'm free but I'm focused
I'm green but I'm 4. _____
I'm hard but I'm 5. _____ baby
I'm sad but I'm laughing
I'm brave but I'm chicken shit
I'm sick but I'm pretty baby 

Answers:
1. happy 2. kind 3. young 4. wise 5. friendly

Step 2
Match the words with the pictures.
 Answers:
1. b 2. c 3. e 4. d 5. a

Step 3
Now match the adjectives with the opposites (połącz przymiotniki z przeciwieństwami).

1.young                             A.unkind
2.wise                                B.unfriendly
3.friendly                          C.stupid
4.kind                                D.unhappy
5.happy                              E.old

Answers:
1. e 2. c 3. b 4. a 5. d

Step 4
Read the two texts and answer the questions:

1. Are Martha and Annie good friends?
2. Are Josh and Rick good friends?

Text 1
I have a friend, Annie. She is my friend from school. She is a happy person. We often meet for coffee and talk. She is very talkative. She reads a lot of books and she's very wise. Sometimes, she makes me feel stupid. I like her, I think.
(Martha)

Text 2
I have a friend Rick. We don't usually have time to meet in person but we talk on the phone every day. Rick is very kind and friendly. The only problem is that he's a quiet person and he rarely likes to go out. But I like him a lot.
(Josh)

*talkative - person who talks a lot; quiet - person who doesn't like to talk o lot

Answers:
1. no 2. yes

Step 5
Using the words in bold from Step 4 (often, rarely, sometimes, usually, rarely), complete the line.

Answers:
1. rarely 2. sometimes 3. often 4. usually 

Step 6
Think about one of your friends and do the quiz (pomyśl o którymś ze swoich przyjaciół i zrób quiz)

1. How often do you speak to your friend on the phone? (Jak często rozmawiacie przez telefon?)
a). Every day
b). Sometimes, once a week
c). Rarely

2. How often do you spend time together? (Jak często spędzacie razem czas?)
a). We are always together!
b). We like spending time together but we don't have a lot of time
c). On special occasiones, like birthdays or Christmas

3. What do you do when your friend has a problem? (Co robisz jak twój przyjaciel ma problem?)
a). I always visit and try to help
b). I usually call
c). Nothing, it's not my problem

4. Do you buy your friend presents on special occasiones? (Czy kupujesz prezenty na specjalne okazje?)
a). Usually for every occasion, it's our tradition.
b). Sometimes, if I remember
c). Never

5. Do you think you're a good friend? (Czy myślisz, że Ty jesteś dobrym przyjacielem?)
a). Yes, the best!
b). I try to be.
c). Not always.

Answers:
  • 3 or more A's - true friends! You like the same things, you understand each other very well and you're always ready to help each other!
  • 3 or more B's - Good friends. You're close but sometimes you don't understand each other.
  • 3 or more C's - Fair-weather friends. Maybe you like each other but you aren't very close. You have fun together but you don't help each others with problems.
Step 7
Look at the underlined sentences from the quiz and complete the rule, by writing 'before' or 'after' in the gaps (Spójrz na podkreślone w quizie zdania i uzupełnij regułę wpisując w luki 'przed' lub 'po').

1
2
3
4
We
are
always
together
I
always
visit
and try to help

 We use the adverbs of frequency 1._____ the verb but  2._____ the verb 'BE' (am/is/are)

Answers:
1. before 2. after

Step 8
Put the words in the correct order. (Poukładaj słowa w odpowiedniej kolejności)

1. friend/usually/my/funny/is
2. always/him/listen/I/to
3. often/don't/time/we/have/meet/to
4. are/late/always/they
5. goes/he/rarely/out

Answers:
1. My friend is usually funny 
2. I always listen to him 
3. We don't often have time to meet 
4. They are always late 
5. He rarely goes out

Step 9 
Find these words in today's lesson.

przymiotnik, przeciwieństwo, pogrubione (pismo), myśleć, przyjaciel

Footnotes:
Może się zdarzyć, że przysłówek opisujący częstotliwość zobaczymy na początku albo na końcu zdania (np. Sometimes he goes to the cinema). Nie jest to błąd, takie zabiegi mają zazwyczaj na celu podkreślenie jakiejś informacji w zdaniu (zazwyczaj istotne informacje pojawiają się na początku). Żeby jednak mieć pewność, że mówimy poprawnie zalecam trzymanie się zasady z kroku 7, która sprawdza się zawsze.
W piosence z początku lekcji można znaleźć jeszcze kilka przydatnych przymiotników, zachęcam do bliższego zapoznania się :).

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz